Prepares bakes cakes, puddings, and desserts, according to Mylahore recipes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Planning and execution of the dessert menu
• Supervision of assistant pastry chefs
• Development of new designs and recipes
• Creation of signature desserts
• Coordination with the executive chef on complementary flavours
• Following the latest trends in culinary arts
• Artistically creating showpieces or centrepieces
• Experimentation with new flavours
• Assigning priorities to customer orders
• Adhere to staffing guide outlines.
• Perform on the job, "shoulder to shoulder" training.
• Good hygiene and sanitation in the pastry area is the pastry chef's responsibility.
• Ensure that the health and safety of customers and kitchen staff meets all local standards and regulations and exceeds to the HACCP standards
• Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to Mylahore’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
• Provide direction of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
• Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
• Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
• Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following Mylahore preventative maintenance programs.
• Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition, and deliveries are performed in accordance with Mylahore’s receiving policies and procedures.
• Control food cost and usage by following proper request of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
• Be knowledgeable of Mylahore policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules & procedures.
• Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
• Having full knowledge of the Mylahore menu including specific packaging requirements.
• Have a versatile attitude so can be used by your manager in different roles.
• A sense of belonging to the company, and have the ambition to grow with the company.
• Comply with any relevant instruction given my management team.
Please contact for further details regarding salary and hours.